Pre-Surgical Conditioning or Pre-Rehabilitation Services. Mark Wedell provides occupational therapy services from pre to post surgery. The best chances of recovery occur by following through with the same therapist for the post surgical recovery for rehab.
There are many benefits working with an occupational therapist pre and post surgery.
- Return to normal activities of life quicker and with better results
- Enter the surgery with optimal potential in terms of mindset and strength
- Programs are supervised by an MD and formulated to meet specific targets and outcomes.
- Reach optimal vital signs, optimal weight, optimal labs, reduce inflammatory markers prior to making your surgical appt.
- Strength training, joint protection training, range of motion training, behavior modification, lifestyle modification, nutritional counseling, and guidance towards a better and improved you
- Exposure to researched based approaches, tried and proven techniques and new upcoming approaches
- Bypass hospital stays and recovery settings, recover in the comfort of your own home
- Strengthen micro vascular integrity and promote neuro-protective approaches.
- Professional home modifications recommendations and assessments including adaptive equipment assessment
Recovery in the top percentile of patients doesn't come easy. Patients are not advised to lay back and hope for the best before undergoing a surgery. Being proactive is better than being reactive. Working with a Registered and Licensed Occupational Therapist can provide you with the best chance of recovery to your capabilities. Mark Wedell will work with you one-on-one to achieve the best result pre and post surgery. Together, you will seize the day and opportunity to make your recovery as good as it can possible be. No matter what the surgery or condition, pre surgical conditioning and training with a Registered and Licensed Occupational Therapist will prove beneficial to your body, mind and spirit. Mark Wedell, Owner of Wedell Home Therapy offers pre-surgical conditioning for a variety of surgery and conditions such as, Orthopedic, Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, Organ System, Neurological, Degenerative Diseases, Acute Injury, Abdominal Surgery and Back Surgery. Like with any challenge in life, the better prepared you are the better the outcome. Home is the best place to heal with the supportive staff that promotes your recovery of function. Contact Mark to schedule an evaluation.
Need more information?
Wedell Home Therapy is here and we are ready to answer your questions and provide you with resources and solutions. Call or email Mark today. Occupational therapy appointment times are flexible.